|| Bible Records
Originally Published in Tioga County PA Records: Marriages, Births, Deaths, 1978, p. 60,61
Reprinted by permission of Rhoda ENGLISH Ladd
The English Bible Record was the property of James Alfonzo English; then his son, Rudolph R. English and now in possession of his granddaughter Rhoda English Ladd of Wellsboro, Tioga County, Pennsylvania.
Robert C. English was born 24 Feb 1832 in Morris Township, Tioga county, Pennsylvania, the son of James English Jr., and Priscilla Campbell. Descendants of this family can prove their lineage to Robert Campbell, Revolutionary Soldier and Rachel Morrison, whose father ___Morrison was a Revolutionary Soldier; and to James English Sr., a Revolutionary Soldier and his wife Jane Boatman, who was the daughter of Claudius Boatman, a Frenchman who served in the Revolutionary War. All Soldiers in Pennsylvania.
Robert C. English married @ 1853 Rachel Campbell born 21 January 1834 in Liberty Township, Tioga County, a daughter of George and Mary Ann (Beuter) Campbell. George Campbell was the son of Samuel and Elizabeth ( Hostrander ) Campbell and grandson of Robert Campbell mentioned above..
Rachel Campbell English died 24 October 1904 in Morris Township; Both she and her husband Robert English are buried in the Horn Cemetery, located in Morris Township. Robert was a Blacksmith and a woodsman.
1. Lafayette born 20 Aug 1855; died 1931; m. Kitt Campbell
2. Mary Ann born 26 Aug 1857; died 13 Sept 1914; m. John Blackwell
3. James A. born 28 May 1859; died 19 May 1947; m. Rhoda Ann Campbell
4. John W. born 11 May 1862; died 3 Mar 1948; m. Gertrude Butler
5.Martha E. born 8 Jun 1868; died 4 May 1953; m. Joseph A. Brown & Richard Bunnell
6. Stewart P. born 22 Sep 1873; died 27 Mar 1935; m. Edna Campbell
7. Oren R. born 6 May 1879; died 10 Oct 1881;
James Alfonzo English born 28 May 1859, Morris Township, Tioga Co., Pa., son of Robert C. & Rachel (Campbell ) English; died 19 Mar 1947 at Elmira, Chemung Co., New York. He married 1st @ 1884 Rhoda Ann Campbell born 2 Mar 1867 Morris Township, Tioga Co., Pa., daughter of Eli Gilbert and Mary Ellen
( Love ) Campbell; Rhoda Ann died 2 Jan 1888, Morris Twp., Tioga Co.,
Pa. She is buried on the Robert English Farm; James Alfonzo English married
2 ND Emma Ketchum born 1 Dec 1871 in Patterson, Bergen County, New Jersey
daughter of Isaac and Jennie ( Force ) Ketchum. James and Emma were married
5th Nov 1890 at Lindley, Steuben County, New York. James Alfonzo
English was a lumberman, a birch distiller and a Blacksmith. He is buried
by second wife who died 21 April 1935 Morris Township, Tioga County Pa.
Horn Cemetery is located in Morris Township, Tioga Co., Pa.
Children of James Alfonzo and Rhoda Campbell English:
1. Rudolph R. born 15 Oct 1855; died 23 Jan 1967 m. Iva Mae McCracken
2. Baby died at time of Mothers death;
Children of James A..& Emma (Ketchum ) English:
3. Rhoda Madge born 10 Nov 1893; still living m. Oliver Comstock
4. Floyd Henry born 1 Nov 1891; died Nov 1910
5. Floss born 17 Sep 1896; died 11 Jan 1969; m. Walter Stewart & Earl Holmes
6. Bess born 2 Sep 1900; died 5 Mar 1931 m. Arthur Northrup
7. Kenneth born 1 Sep 1907; still living m. Frances Northrup
This family lives "on the Horn" located in Morris Township, Tioga Co., in Leetonia, Tioga Co., Pa; Rushville, new York where they worked in a canning factory and then back to Morris Township again.