|Subj: Family Reunion photo
Date: 08/14/2004 1:03:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From: email@example.com (Tim Myers)
To: joyceTice@aol.com (Joyce Tice)
Here is the last photo. It is of the Lee/Woolsey (Myers) reunion from 1898. It most likely was at one of the Lee homes in New Albany. That is where they were usually held - sometimes in Millview or Evergreen.
This comes to me from my cousin - Lee Stone
|Here is a listing of people thought to be shown:
The ones we can name are #1 unknown, #2 maybe Pansy Lee, #3 Burton Sturdevant, #4 maybe Daisy Lee, #5 Lucy Sturdevant Lee Myers, #6 Anna Lois Myers, #7 Sally Lee, #8 Emeline (Lee) Woolsey, #9 Ellicott Lee, #10 Mark Lee Sturdevant, #11 Marilla (Lee) Lenox, #12 Gertrude Lee, #13 unknown, #14 Eva (Lee) Barnes, #15 unknown, #16 Will Smith (in Spanish-American War era navy uniform), #17 Rose Anna (Barnes) Woolsey, #18 Nina Maysel Woolsey, #19 Francis Henry Woolsey, #20 Irene Lee (married to Robert Hatch), #21 Anna (Lee) Sturdevant, #22 maybe Irene Lee's husband, Robert Hatch, #23 maybe Nelson Lee, #24 Charles Edmond "Ned" Sturdevant, #25 Henry Barnes (Eva's husband), #26 unknown - Lee Stone thinks it is another of my great grandfather, Peter Myers - I have doubts.
The following is a transcription of the minutes of the Lee/Myers/Sturdevant Family Reunions beginning in 1910. Minutes were taken by Grace Sturdevant. The transcription is by David Bailey. His notes are found at the end of each section in italics.
Over thirty years ago our reunions began by gatherings of children and grandchildren to celebrate the birthdays of Sally Tanner Lee on Nov. 29, of each year.
After her death on March 14, 1900 we organized a Lee Reunion to consist
of the descendants of Williams and Sally Lee. Since August 1901, they have
been held annually, at the old homestead in Evergreen.
Williams Lee, Jr. married Sally Tanner Brewster. Though altogether they had twelve children, three are not included in the count of “nine” branches: Thales/Thaler, their first - Edgar, their fifth - and Daniel, their seventh, all of whom died young.
The nine families are as follows: Lorinda, who married Henry Smith, Irene who married Robert Hatch, Welthy/Wealthy, who married Eliott Hurlbutt, Uriah, who married Carrie Lucelia Lenox, Marilla, who married Noah Lenox, Anna Rose, who married Edmund Stone Sturdevant, Mark Lyndon, who married Lucy Emma Sturdevant, and Nelson, who married Lily Bell Long.
Grace Sturdevant, family secretary, was the daughter of Anna Rose
Lee and Reverend Edmund Stone Sturdevant, who is mentioned below.
|Siblings - Mark Lyndon Lee and Anna Rose Lee|
Next, clockwise, beginning upper left: Marilla Lee and husband Noah
Lenox ; Uriah Lee and his wife, Carrie Lucelia Lenox.
August 19, 1910
The tenth annual reunion of the descendants of Williams and Sally Lee was held with Robert and Irene Hatch, at the old homestead, Evergreen, Pa. Aug. 19, 1910. Twenty-four descendants, representing four of the nine families, were present. Also two visiting relatives, Miss Mollie Conklin and Clarence Hatch, Blanche Capwell and two Mormon preachers who departed calling down blessings upon our heads.
After a basket picnic dinner (was) enjoyed by all, the business meeting
was called to order by the president, Marilla Lenox. After the
election of Grace Sturdevant, Sec’y Treas. The following records were given:
|MARRIAGES||M.L. Sturdevant  to Mollie Williams||26 May 1910|
|Stanley Lenox  to Inez B. Keller||1 June 1910|
|Katie E. Lenox  to Charles Baker||17 August 1910|
|BIRTHS||Edith Marie Dundun, daughter of William W. and Myrtle Lee Dundon ||15 April 1910|
|Nellie Lucille Emory, daughter of Frederick and Laura Hatch Emory ||12 August 1910|
|Herman(?) Earl Hewitt, son of Homer H. and Lottie Hurlbut Hewitt ||2 July 1910|
|Virgil Floyd Hurlbut, son of Floyd S.  and Joanna Hurlbut||11 December 1909|
|Marvin Eliot Hurlbut, son of Milert L.  and Esther Hurlbut||30 August 1909|
|DEATHS||Carrie Ethel Francis Dundon, daughter of Wm Wallace and Myrtle Lee Dundon ||4 October 1909|
A collection of two dollars (2$) was taken to defray expenses. The Sec’y was authorized to obtain a suitable record book. After recitations and music, prayer was offered by E.S. Sturdevant, and the meeting was adjourned to meet the third Tuesday in August 1911 at the home of E.S. Sturdevant, New Albany, Pa.
Grace Sturdevant, Sec’y
Sent to the Reporter Journal and Bradford Star for Publication
1. Marilla Lee Lenox was the sixth child of Williams and Sally.
2. Mark Lee Sturdevant, son of Anna Rose (Lee) and Edmund Stone Sturdevant.
3. Stanley Lenox, son of Marilla (Lee) and Noah Lenox, married Inez Blanche Keller.
4. Katie Evelyn Lenox, a daughter of Marilla and Noah Lenox.
5. Myrtle Eva Lee was a daughter of Nelson and Lily Lee.
6. Laura Lezina Hatch Emory was a daughter of Irene Lee and Robert Hatch.
7. Lottie Hurlbut Hewitt was a daughter of Welthy (Lee) and Eliot Hurlbut.
8. Floyd Edgar (not S.) Hurlbut was a son of Welthy and Eliot Hurlbut.
9. Milert Hurlbut was a son of Welthy and Eliot Hurlbut.
10. Carrie was born 12 September 1903, daughter of Myrtle Lee Dundon, daughter of Marilla and Noah Lenox.
The eleventh annual reunion of the descendants of Williams and Sally Lee was held at the old homestead Evergreen Pa, with Robert and Irene Hatch, Aug 2, 1911. Twenty four descendants, representing six of the nine families, and fifteen visitors present. Bailey Hitchcock and wife (cousin Hather Taylor) and Bertha Schoonover Hitchcock and two children from Herrick Township. Seven from the Chapman family , Flip Blanche & Miss Robinson.
Owing to a visit from Aunt Wealthy and Cousin Carl  the date was moved forward as they wished to start for home before the regular date.
The business meeting was called to order by the President. Opened with prayer by ES Sturdevant and Lord’s Prayer.
Officers elected: Annie L. Sturtevant  Pres. Vice Pres. Olive Hatch  Sec’y Treas. Grace Sturdevant
Two recitations by Gertrude Lee  , Shirt Making & Dried
Apple Pies. Songs by the company present.
|BIRTHS||Mark Lee Sturdevant, Jr. ||30 March 1911|
|Donovan Cham(pion) McCarty |
|Anna Irene Brink ||21 July 1911|
|Barnes Clifford Woolsey ||31 December 1910|
|Lois Inez Hurlbut ||15 January 1911|
|DEATHS||Charles Edmund Sturdevant ||19 June 1911|
Grace Sturdevant Sec’y
1. The Chapman family was a large one. The relationship goes back to James Lee, brother of Williams Lee, Jr. He married Tacy Scriven. Their daughter, Celinda, married Charles Teeter, whose son, John Horton Teeter, married Julia Lenox; and their daughter Arvilla Blanche Teeter, married John Chapman! They had a large family.
2. Carl was Welthy’s son.
3. Annie was Anna Rose Lee Sturdevant, ninth child of Williams and Sally.
4. Olive Hatch was a daughter of Irene Lee and Robert Hatch.
5. Gertrude Lee was a daughter of Mark Lyndon Lee and Lucy Sturdevant.
6. Mark Lee Sturdevant was a son of Mark Lee and Mollie Williams Sturdevant
7. Donovan Champ McCarty, born 11 June 1911, is the youngest child of Bessie Irene Lee and Doctor Fremont McCarty. Bessie was the daughter of Uriah Lee and Carrie Lucelia Lenox.
8. Anna Irene Brink was the daughter of Pansy J. Lee and Archie Brink. Pansy was the daughter of Mark Lyndon and Lucy Sturdevant Lee.
9. Barnes Clifford Woolsey was the son of Rose Barnes and Henry Woolsey. Rose was the daughter of Eva Ophelia Lee and Henry Barnes.
10. Probably of the Welthy Lee Hurlbut line.
11. Charles Edmund was the son of Anna Lee and Edmund Stone Sturdevant.
The twelfth annual reunion of the descendants of Williams and Sally
Lee was held at the home of Mrs. Annie Lee Sturdevant, New Albany, Pa,
Aug 20, 1912. Twenty five descendants and five visitors were present. After
an excellent dinner the time was spent in visiting. No business was transacted.
Adjourned to meet the third Tuesday in August 1913 at the home of Mrs.
Laura (Hatch) Emory.
|BIRTHS||Jesse Irvin Emory ||12 September 1911|
|Chas. E. Sturdevant, Jr. (Ned) ||7 June 1912|
1. Jesse was a child of Laura Alzina Hatch and Fred Emory. Laura was a daughter of Irene Lee and Robert Hatch.
2. Charles E. “Ned” Sturdevant was the son of Mark Lee Sturdevant
and Mollie W. Wiliams. Mark was the son of Anna Rose Lee and Edmund Stone
The thirteenth annual reunion of the descendants of Williams and Sally Lee was held at the house of Mrs. Laura (Hatch) Emory), Evergreen Pa, Aug 19, 1913. Thirty descendants and twelve visitors were present. After a bountiful dinner, a business meeting was called to order by President Mrs. Annie L Sturdevant. Lord’s Prayer. Roll Call. Officers elected: Pres, Mrs. Annie L. Sturdevant, Secy, Grace Sturdevant
Next meeting to be held in “Laura’s woods.”
|BIRTHS||Lee Lenox’s baby |
|DEATHS||Henry Barnes ||28 July 1913|
Adjourned to meet third Tuesday in August 1914.
Grace Sturdevant, Sec’y
1. This is Clyde Daniel Lenox, son of Noah Lee Lenox and Maude Myrtle Anderson Norton. Noah’s mother was Marilla Lee who married Noah Felix Lenox.
2. Henry Barnes was the husband of Eva Ophelia Lee.
The fourteenth annual reunion of the descendants of William and Sally Lee was held with Robert and Irene Hatch at the old homestead, Evergreen Pa, Aug 18, 1914.
Twenty five descendants, representing four branches of the family and ten visitors were present. [in margin: Irene’s, Eva’s, Mark’s, Annie’s] After a bountiful dinner the business meeting was called to order. Prayer by M.L. Sturdevant followed by Lord’s Prayer. Reading of last year’s minutes. Pres, and Secy. Re-elected. Mrs. Lucy E. Myers elected corresponding Sec’y. Collection $1.00
Next meeting at New Albany Pa, third Tuesday in August 1915.
Recitations by Eva Wilson, Lucy, Elizabeth & Annie Myers ,
& Daisy Lee , Nina Woolsey  and Mrs. Lucy E. Myers.
|BIRTHS||Gay Arthur Woolsey ||30 December 1913|
|Florence Irene Emory ||12 February 1914|
|Treas. Report||Amt on hand||$1.00|
|Postage and Stationary||.50|
1. Upon the death of Mark Lee, Lucy Emma Sturdevant Lee married Peter Nathaniel Myers. These and others below are children and descendants of that marriage. For more on this allied line see the comprehensive work done by Tim Myers elsewhere on this site.
2. Daisy and Ellicott, brother and sister, were the children of Mark Lee and Lucy Emma Sturdevant.
3. Nina Woolsey was the daughter of Rose Barnes and Henry Woolsey. Rose was the daughter of Eva Ophelia Lee and Henry Barnes
4. Brother of Nana (above), Gay Arthur Woolsey was the son of Rose Barnes and Henry Woolsey.
5. Florence Irene Emory was the daughter of Laura Alzina Hatch and Fred Emory. Laura was the daughter of Irene Lee and Robert Hatch.
The fifteenth annual reunion of the descendants of Williams and Sally Lee was held at the home of Annie Lee Sturdevant, New Albany, Pa, Aug 17, 1915. Thirty-three descendants representing five branches of the family and nine visitors were present. [in margin: Irene, Eva, Mark, Annie, Marilla] After a bountiful dinner the business meeting was called to order by repeating the Lord’s Prayer. Reading of last year’s minutes and letters from absent relatives. Rose Woolsey  was elected president and Daisy Lee Secretary-Treasurer.
Lucy Myers, Annie Myers, Elizabeth Myers and Daisy Lee favored us with
recitations. Mrs. Lucy Myers sang her “Tango Song.” Mrs. Lucy Myers &
Grace Sturdevant were appointed an entertainment committee.
Next meeting to be held at Rachel Hatch Irvine’s, third Tuesday in August
1916. Singing, “Abide With Me.”
|BIRTHS||Evelyn Erdine Lenox (Stanley’s) ||26 August 1914|
|Esther Hilda Lenox (Lee’s) ||5 August 1915|
|MARRIAGE||Olive Hatch to William Drislane ||17 December 1914|
Grace Sturdevant, Sec’y
1. Formerly Rose Barnes.
2. Evelyn Erdine Lenox was the daughter of Stanley Lenox and Inez Keller. Stanley was the son of Marilla (Lee) Lenox.
3. Esther Hilda Lenox was the daughter of Noah Lee Lenox and Maude Myrtle Anderson Nolan.. Noah Lee was the son of Marilla (Lee) Lenox.
4. Olive was the daughter of Irene Lee and Robert Hatch.
The sixteenth annual reunion of the descendants of Williams and Sally Lee was held at the home of Rachel Hatch Irvine  , Hollen Hill, Pa, Aug 15, 1916. Twenty-one descendants and four visitors Representing four branches (Irene, Uriah, Eva, Annie). Homer Lee, wife & daughter  were among the visitors.
No officers being present there was no business transacted, leaving officers and committees as they were last year.
The time was pleasantly spent in visiting and feasting.
Grace Sturdevant, Secy pro tem
|BIRTHS||William Robert Drislane (Alice’s) |
|MARRIAGE||Arthur Lenox to ? |
|DEATHS||Robert Hatch ||14 January 1916|
1. Rachel Hatch was the daughter of Irene Lee and Robert Hatch and married Walter Irvine.
2. Homer Lee was a son of Adrial Lee who was the son of Joseph Lee, Williams’ brother. It is interesting to note that Joseph’s wife, Hannah Brewster was the sister of Sally Tanner Brewster.
3. This is probably Robert William Drislane, son of Olive Hatch and William Drislane. Olive was a daughter of Irene Lee and Robert Hatch.
4. Arthur Lenox, son of Marilla (Lee) Lenox was married in 1914 to Nellie Orpha McKain.
5. Robert Hatch was the son of Martin Philip Hatch and Ella Sherman. Martin was a son of Irene Lee and Robert Hatch.