Mericle, George W., private, enlisted Sept. 21, ’61; mustered out with company Aug. 23, ’65---veteran.
Moe, Augustus R., sergeant; enlisted Sept. 21, ’61; discharged on surgeon’s certificate June ’62.
Northrup, Chester, ________captured____
Northrup, Walter, Private; enlisted Sept. 21, ’61; wounded at Murfreesbero July 12, ’62; mustered out with company Aug. 23, ’65.
Pratt, Robert L., corporal; enlisted Sept. 21, ’61; died at Louisville, Ky., April ’62.
*Summers, John H., brevet captain; enlisted Sept. 21, ’61: promoted from 1st sergeant to 2nd Lieutenant March 1, ’64, to 1st Lieutenant Dec. 15, ’64; mustered out with company Aug. 23, ’65---veteran.
Tallada, Goodrich, private; enlisted Feb. 29, ’64; prisoner from Oct. 1, ’64 to March 25, ’65; discharged May 19, ’65.
Tallada, Heury, private; enlisted Sept. 21, ’61; died at Euphala, Ga., about June 28, ’65.
Tallada, Jackson, private; enlisted Aug. 30, ’64; discharged by General Order, June 25, ’65.
Tallada, James, private; enlisted Jan. 1, ’64; mustered out with company.
*Mr. Summers has a most notable and honorable record. Entering Company B as a private, by meritorious conduct he earned the place of brevet captain before the close of the war, and commanded his company for the last eighteen months of its service. He participated in 102 engagements and skirmishes, had three horses shot from under him, and his saber belt shot off, and yet escaped without a wound, or being captured during the four years he was fighting for his country. At Lovejoy Station, Ga., he with a company of fifty men ran into the rebel works, and all save he and Orlando Wayman were captured. Even their escape was very narrow, having had their horses shot from under them, and being saved only by taking to their heels.
Tallada, Jewell, private; enlisted Sept. 21, ’61; absent, sick at muster-out---veteran.
Vanauken, Silas O., private Co. C.; enlisted Feb. 21, ’64; mustered out Aug. 23, ’65.
Arnout, George E., private, Co. H., 188th N. Y. V., enlisted Sept. 1864; died Dec. 9, ’64.
Arnout, Theodore, private, Co. E., 147th P. V.; enlisted Fe., ’64; mustered out with company July 15, ‘65
Boice, Peter, private. Co. C., 57th P. V., Fifth Reserves; enlisted Oct. 25, ’61; captured; died at Richmond, Va., Feb. 20, ’64.
Baker, Levi C., private, Co. F, 34th P. V., Fifth Reserves; enlisted June 21, ’61; mustered out with company, June 11, ’64.
Coolbaugh, Portus, private Co. C, 107th P. V.; enlisted March 1, ’62; discharged expiration of term, March 2, ’65.
Chubbuck, Harridon P., private Co., F, 34th P. V., Fifth Reserves, enlisted June 21, ’61; mustered out with company June 11, ’64.
Chilson, J. Wesley, private Pa. Independent Battery C ; enlisted March 30, ‘64’ discharged on surgeon’s certificate Feb. 24, ’65.
Cranmer, Wallace E., private Co. F , 34th P. V. Fifth Reserves; enlisted June 21, ’61; transferred to U. S. Artillery Nov. 24, ’62.
Clebern, Jeremiah----colored regiment.
Cranmer, Perry----bayoneted; killed on field.
Edsall, George----Discharged on surgeon’s certificate.
English, John M.
English, William----10th U. S. I.,----wounded.
Ennis, Dayton, Co. E, 5th P. V. R. C.; died Aug. 9, ’62, of wounds received n the Seven Days’ fight before Richmond.
Ennis, Levi, private Co. K., First Penn’a Rifles; enlisted May 15, ’61; wounded at Gettysburg; mustered out with company.
Denton, Isaac, private, Co., F , 34th P. V., 5th Reserves; enlisted June 21, ’61; mustered out with company June 11, ’64.
Dubois, Delos, private, Co., I., 35th P. V., 6th Reserves; enlisted Oct. 8, ’61; transferred to 191st P. V., May 31, ’64---veteran.
Harris, James, _______, Co. B., 179th N. Y. V.; enlisted March 31, ’64; wounded with loss of arm.
Harvey, J. Wesley, private, Co. F., 34th P. V., 5th Reserves; enlisted June 21, ’61; mustered out with company, June 11, ’64.
Hicks, Jesse, private, Co. I., 35th P. V., 6th Reserves; enlisted July 29, ’61; discharged Sept. 26, ’61, for accidental wounds.
Huntley, Wallace, private, Co. A, 207th P.V. ; enlisted Aug. 29, 1864; wounded at Petersburg, Va., Apr. 2, ’65; died.
Hicks, George W., _______, Co. B., 10th U. S.; fell at the battle of the Wilderness, May 6, ’64, where he is buried.
Irvine, Lyman, clerk to Quartermaster.
Miller, John F., private Co. F. 34th P. V. Fifth Reserves; enlisted June 21, 1861; mustered out with Co. June 11, 1864.
Mullen Edwin C., private Co. F, 34th P. V., Fifth Reserves; enlisted June 21, ‘61’ wounded at Spottsylvania C. H., May 10, ’64; died Sept. 13, ’64; buried in National Cemetery, Arlington, Va.
Marcy, Solon, private Battery G, First Artillery (43rd Regiment, P. V.); enlisted March 25, ’64; mustered out with battery June 29, ’65.
Monahan, Dennis---U. S. Battery.
Magill, Edward, private Co. C., 107th P. V.; enlisted March 1, ‘62’ discharged on surgeon’s certificate Nov. 17, ’62,
Merithew, Stanley S., private, 34th N. Y. Independent Battery: * enlisted March 29, 1862; promoted to Lance Corporal; discharged by General Order June 26, 1865.
Mingos, Edward E., private, Co. H, 188 N. Y. V.; enlisted September 14, 1864; wounded in left hand, with its loss, almost, in front of Petersburg, Va., February 6, 1865; discharged on surgeon’s certificate May 18, 1865.
Morris, Leonard, 1st Sergeant Co. B., 179th N. Y. V.; enlisted March 31, 1864; promoted to First Sergeant from
*This battery led in the "Grand Review" at Washington.
Second Sergeant; discharged by General Order June 8, 1865. (For several years engaged in the hotel business, and at present time the popular proprietor of the Elwell House, Towanda, Pa.)
McClen, James, U. S. Infantry.
Nichols, Kelsey, ----discharged on surgeon’s certificate.
Northrup, Orlando, private, Co. I., 35th P. V., 6th Reserves; enlisted July 29, ’61; transferred to Co., D., 83rd P. V., June 10, 1864.
Northrup, Nelson, private Co. H., 57th P. V.; enlisted Feb. 16, 1864; transferred to P. R. C.; discharged July 21, ’65.
Northrup, Thomas, private Co. I., 35th P.V., 6th Reserves; enlisted July 29, ’61; transferred to Co. D., 83rd P. V., June 10, ’64.
Northrup, Sevellon, ____89th N. Y. V.; wounded.
Obern, Samuel, P., corporal Co. C., 107, P.V.; enlisted March 8, ’62, wounded at Five Forks, Va., March 31, ’65; absent at muster out---veteran.
Payne, J. Arthur.
Robinson, John, private, Co. F., 34th P.V., 5th Reserves; enlisted June 21, ’61; discharged on surgeon’s certificate Aug. 27, ’62.
Reed, Daniel, _____killed in the first battle, in which he participated, being literally riddled with balls. He proudly said "that he was going to give his life to his country," when he left his friends in Monroe.
Santee, Mahlon, Company B, 10th U. S. Regulars; died at Fort Hamilton, April 25, 1864.
Ridgeway, Henry, not assigned.
Secore, Isaac, ____28th Mass.; wounded with loss of leg.
Tracy, Dr. George.
Wilcox, Frank, 185th N. Y. V.
Wilcox, Edward White, Emery.
Soldiers who enlisted from other towns but now residents of Monroe:
Bullock, Darius, private Corporal, 141st P.V.; enlisted August 22, 1862; wounded through left lung at Mine Run, Va., November 27, 1863; discharged on surgeon’s certificate April 20, 1864. (Towanda).
Cox, William, Co. B., private 207th P. V. (Hillsgrove, Sullivan County).
Lantz, John J., Corporal Co. E., 52nd P.V.; enlisted September 18, 1861; promoted to Corporal; discharged May, 1865. Veteran. (Franklin)
Lewis, James W., private Co. F., 34th P. V., 5th Reserves; enlisted June 21, 1861; mustered out with company, June 11, 1864.
Chester Peckham, private Co. B., 179th N. Y. V. (See Albany.)
Daniel Peckham, private 108th P. V., also C. 141st P. V.; wounded with loss of left thumb, at Johnson’s Farm, Va., October 3, 1864. (See Albany.)
Rice, F. S., cannonier No. 4, Battery B., 3rd N. Y. Light Artillery; enlisted July 18, 1864; wounded at Savannah
Creek, Ga., August 18, 1864, through left knee and right thigh; discharged July 28, 1865; also member of Co. I., 47th P.V. M. (Franklin.)
Young, Edward B., private Co. F., 12th Wis. V.; enlisted October 14, 1861; re-enlisted January 3, 1864; discharged by General Order July 16, 1865. Veteran.
Is a flourishing village of about 550 persons, and is situated in a picturesque valley on the left bank of the Towanda creek, four miles from the county seat. The State Line & Sullivan Railroad effects its junction here with the Barclay Road, making the place an important point in the shipment of lumber, and as a market for the Barclay coal. The village being a natural centre for a large scope of country, it has a thriving trade in general merchandise and farm produce. Prior to 1873, for a number of years Monroe, stood still, if, indeed was not going back. In that year there were but three stores doing business, while there had been as many as seven doing a good trade during the "Lumbering boom." Since the big fire (1873), the town has been growing apace with the most prosperous village of the county.
The first impetus to Monroe’s growth was the opening of the Turnpike in 1819, which brought the place a considerable traveling custom. In about 1820 mills began to multiply, and Monroe being the center, soon became a leading market for lumber and shingles. In 1835, fourteen mills were in operation in the township, besides a number in Albany and Franklin, the lumber from which were marketed here. Making pine shingles became an important industry, and the
settlers brought them in with their teams for miles around, and received goods in exchange. The banks of the creek at Monroeton became literally lined with lumber and shingles, and the town, at one time really enjoyed a more flattering trade than Towanda. Rafts and arks were made up at Monroeton and at the mouth of the creek, and floated down the Susquehanna in the spring.
The lumbering business was the means of establishing stores, which multiplied in rapid succession. In 1831, Fisher & Wilson began business, in 1832 Hanson & Warford, who were followed by the following prominent merchants; Newton & White, D. C. and O. N. Salisbury, A. L. Cranmer, W. H. H. Brown and J. L. Rockwell, G. B. Smith, S. S. Hinman, Smith & Lyon, H. S. & J. H. Phinney, Geo. And H. C. Tracy, J. B. M. Hinman and Sylvester W. Alden. The greatest trade was in about 1844. The lumbering business began to wane in about 1855, and ceased to be the great industry after 1859. This took away the life of the town, and there being but little trade, a part of her merchants went out of business. Since the establishment of the toy factory, the tannery, and the improvement of the farming community, the town has overcome its set-back, and is now in a most encouraging condition.
In 1857 the Barclay railroad was put through the township, but the town received no particular benefits, until the opening of the State Line and Sullivan in 1871, as freightage was so high, that goods were brought in on wagons from Waverly and Towanda. Monroe was originally surveyed and plotted for a town in 1828 by G. F. Mason, and was
made a borough by May Session 1855. The borough comprises an area of about 250 acres, and was originally owned by Timothy Pickering, a member of Washington’s Cabinet, and Quarter-master-general in the Revolutionary War. The first industry established at Monroeton was the foundry and machine shops by E. F. Young* in 1840. This institution was known as the "old foundry," and was swept away by the "great flood" of July 19, 1850, but rebuilt in the following year. In 1868, H. W. Rockwell, who had been an apprentice in the old foundry, bought out Mr. Young, and continued business until 1871, when M. A. Rockwell was taken into partnership, and the establishment joined with Means’ foundry at Towanda, the new firm being styled Means, Rockwell & Co. In 1876, H. W. Rockwell again became the sole owner, and continued business alone until 1882, when M. A. Cranmer was taken into partnership, the firm having since been known as Rockwell & Cranmer. Since the co-partnership of Rockwell & Cranmer the facilities have been greatly enlarged, and new features added. Attention is given to the building of saw-mills, manufacturing plows, stoves, churn powers, etc., together with general repair work, and the manufacture of shingles, lumber dressing, etc. The institution gives employment to sixteen hands.
*Mr. Young had been connected with the foundry at Towanda before establishing himself at Monreton. He was thoroughly acquainted with every department of his business, and soon built up a paying trade, but, as Mrs. Young expresses it, "in two hours’ time his financial standing was changed from good circumstances to poverty." Not only were his foundry and machine shops swept away, but his pattern shop, house, barn, and even the land he occupied. When the flood came it tore out dam after dam, and as the waters gathered into one mighty wave it swept all before it and even cut a new channel for some distance at Monroeton.
The Monroe Manufacturing Co., is a very creditable enterprise, which has been established since April last, (1885). The firm consists of O. M. Brock,* H. N. Mullen and E. F. Fowler. Attention is given to the manufacture of nail kegs, lumber dressing, shingle making, and the manufacture of lath, pickets, etc. The facilities are being increased, and it believed that an extensive business will be developed. Employment is given to fifteen men.
Postmaster----P. E. Alden.
Burgess----E. F. Fowler.
Council----J. H. Summers, O. F. Mingos, Theodore Ackley, Zach. Northrup, Walter Bull, G. G. DePuy. D. E. Mingos, Secretary.
Justices of the Peace----N. S. Rhinevault, D. M. Hinman.
School Directors----H. W. Rockwell, John Dunfee, Charles Walker, B. A. Cranmer, J. M. Piatt, H. C. Tracy.
Treasurer----H. C. Tracy.
High Constable----Darius Bullock.
Assessor----P. E. Alden.
Assistant Assessors----J. H. Summers, H. C. Tracy.
Auditors----N. S. Rhinevault, C. N. Walker, Robert Saterlee.
Election Board----U. L. McClure, Judge; Wm K. Munn, O. G. Richart, Inspectors.
* Mr. Brock, the first member of the Company, is the designer of nearly all of the machinery employ in the establishment. Without any mechanical training, he has worked up to be one of the foremost of inventors, and during his twenty years with Hawes Bros., simplified and designed much of their machinery.
Station Agent, Etc.----G. G. DePuy
Physicians----O. H. Rockwell, W. C. Hull, C. F. Hopkins.
Presbyterian----P. S. Kohler, Pastor.
Methodist Episcopal----E. B. Gearhart, Pastor.
Evergreen Lodge, No. 163 (Masonic);
Monroeton Lodge, No. 137 (I.O.O.F.);
Monroeton Lodge, No. 2083, (K. of H.).
Union Band----Jas, Dunfee, leader.
Lantz’ Orchestra----J. J. Lantz, leader.
Hinman House----G. L. Bull, Proprietor.
Summers House----Chas G. Smith, Proprietor.
Sweet & Co.----General Merchants
Summers & Walker----General Merchants
E. F. Fowler----Hardware, etc.
O. F. Mingos----Groceries, Provisions, etc.
D. M. Hinman----Dry Goods and Millinery
Charles Tubach----Furniture and Undertaking
F. F. Lomax----Drugs and Notions
D. E. Mingos----Confectionery, Fruits, Nuts, etc.
D. Bullock----Confectionary, etc.
Ingham & Mingos----Meat Market, Canned Goods, etc.
* For the history of, see farther along.
John Dunfee & O. J. Richart----Blacksmithing, Wagon making, etc.
O. L. Dunfee----Carriage-making and Blacksmithing.
Fred S. Sweet----Livery and Boarding Stables.
B. A. Cranmer----Dealer in Coal, Line, etc.
E. Roberts----Merchant Tailor.
Geo. Chubbuck, W. S. Hollon----Boot and Shoe-making.
A. D. VanGorder----Boot and Shoe Repairing.
Mrs. Emma Mingos----Millinery and Dress-making.
Mrs. B. F. Wanck----Dress-making.
J. J. Lantz, Geo. Curry, G. W. Meeker----Tonsorial Artists.
G. W. Meeker----Watch Repairing.
J. Lloyd Rockwell----Dealer in Flour, Feed, etc.
Monroeton also contains a Graded School, employing two teachers.
The first officers of Monroe borough were----Burgess, W. H. H. Brown; Council, H. S. Phinney, E. B. Coolbaugh, Anthony Mullen, D. L. Lyon, John Hanson, Abram Fox. (Jabez Huntley is given in the election returns, instead of the last two names.) Secretary, L. L. Terwilliger; Treasurer, C. M. Knapp; Street Commissioners, A. L. Cranmer, S. S. Hinman; School Directors, A. Mullen, Wm Douglass, J. L. Rockwell, Geo. Smith, O. P. Lyon, Isaac Maybee; Constable, Jas McGill (minutes show P. Dunfee); High Constable, Wm Neace; Overseers of the Poor, H. S. Phinney, John Hanson; Justices of the Peace, Jos. Homet, J. B. M. Hinman; Assessor, J. B. McGill; Election Board, C. M. Knapp, Judge; Levi A. Rice, Patrick Dunfee, Inspectors.
The first borough election was held by order of Court June 16, 1855.
Evergreen Lodge, No. 163, was organized through the influence of Eliphalet Mason. The charger was granted March 1, 1819, the officers therein named being Eliphalet Mason, Worshipful Master; Simon Kinney, Senior Warden; Russell Fowler, Junior Warden, "of a Lodge to be named Evergreen Lodge, No. 162, to be held in the town of Towanda, or within five miles of the same." The places of its gatherings varied from Myersburg to Monroe, to suit the convenience of its members. The charter was surrendered for a short time during the Morgan troubles, but restored again, since which the work has been regularly and duly performed.
Monroeton Lodge No. 137, was chartered Nov. 17, 1845, and instituted Feb. 12, 1846, by David Blair, D. D. G. M. of Lycoming county. The first officers were D. C. Salisbury, N. G.; E. W. Morgan, V. G.; G. F. Mason, Sec’y; W. H. Strickland, Treas. At the first meeting the following were admitted to membership: Anthony Mullen, Henry S. Salisbury, Wm. Gorsline, Jos. B. Smith, Robert Hunter, Eliphalet Mason, Dr. Samuel Huston, Ira H. Stevens, S. S. Hinman, Peter C. Ward, Elias Mathewson, O. D. Satterlee, O. O. Shipman, Benjamin Wilcox, George Tracy, Jas. H. Wells, Byron Kingsbury, and Wilson Rogers. Gordon F. Mason was admitted by card at the first meeting, and is supposed to have been the first member of the Order in the county. He as also the first D. D. G. M. The lodge was reinstated March 20, 1874, with the following officers: P. Dunfee, N. G.
M. M. Coolbaugh, V. G.; A. Mullen, Sec.; O.M. Brock, Asst Sec.; J. M. Griggs, Treas. The Past Grands of this lodge have been D. C. Salisbury, Wm H. Strickland, E. W. Morgan, G. F. Mason, Rogers Fowler, J. B. Smith, S. S. Hinman, J. B. Smith, A. L. Cranmer, E. B. Coolbaugh, D. N. Newton, J. V. Wilcox, A. Mullen, M. M. Coolbaugh, E. F. Young, J. M. Griggs, H. G. Fowler, S. W. Alden, O. P. Lyon, A. V. Trout, Russell Fowler, C. M. Knapp, Patrick Dunfee, R. H. Richards, R. R. Rockwell, Ezra Spalding, A. Sterigere, L. Blackman. This is the oldest lodge in the county, and ranks second to none of them. D. D. G. M. John Dunfee, who is gaining some considerable distinction in the order is a member of this lodge.
Monroeton Lodge, No. 2083, was chartered August 27, 1880. The original members were----E. F. Fowler, D. J. Sweet, J. H. Summers, C. N. Walker, L. L. Lyon, N. W. Ross, George Wanck, N. C. Gardner, Theodore Ackley, Vincent Marcy, A. E. Benjamin, W. S. Capach, E. R. Cox, James R. Devoe, W. J. Devoe, F. A. Eagleston, C. A. Fowler, John M. Harvey, John F. Jones, O. F. Mingos, G. W. Mingos, M. Minto, J. Minard, O. H. Rockwell, James Swartwood, H. P. Barnes, M. M. Coolbaugh, D. L. Huntley, D. Kellogg, Benjamin North, George A. Merithew and E. W. Neal.
* Masontown is really a continuation of Monroeton and comprises a population of about 75 persons. Salisbury Mills are here located.
Greenwood, two miles from Monroeton on the Barclay rail-
* So named from the Masons, sketches of whom have been given.
road is pleasantly situated on a point between the Towanda Creek and the Schrader Branch. The village proper, including the tannery population, is about 400. The place contains three stores, besides the tanning Co.’s store, a hotel, public school, saw mill, blacksmith shop, etc. Greenwood has boomed the last year, no less than 21 houses having been erected.
Near Greenwood are situated on the Towanda creek, the two largest enterprises in the county----the life and hope of Greenwood and Monroeton.
Hawes’ Toy Factory, the one giving employment to the greatest number of men and boys, was established in 1869 by G. B. and J. H. Hawes, of Newark, N. Y. In that year they came in and purchased the old Ingham factory and converted it into an establishment for the prosecution of their business. In 1866 the factory was burned and rebuilt the same year with greatly increased facilities, which they have improved from time to time. Attention is given to the manufacture of toys of many designs and a general wood working business. In 1880, G. B. Hawes retired from the firm of Hawes Brothers, leaving J. H. Hawes the sole owner of the concern. The business gives employment to 100 men and boys, having more than quadrupled since the establishment of the factory.
The Greenwood Tannery employs from 60 to 75 men. This establishment was originally instituted as the Towanda Tanning Company, and was organized in 1867, with the following members: C. L. Ward, President, Jos. Powell, Treasurer and Secretary, J. F. Means, M. C. Mercur, Thos. E. Proctor, Jacob
Dewitt, Jas B. Howe, Robert H. Sayre, C. S. Russell, John A. Codding, Chas F. Welles. Operations were begun in the latter part of the same year, the establishment having a capacity of 25,000 hides per year. In 1881, Proctor & Hill became the owners of the business, and have since their purchase increased the facilities one-third. In 1883, and the present year great additions have been made to their establishment. The capacity of the tannery at the present time is two and one-half million pounds of manufactured leather per year, and a consumption of 8,000 tons of bark. They manufacture a goods known as the "Calcutta Buffalo." J. A. Devoe, the Superintendent of the establishment, has been connected with the business for thirteen years.
In 1884, the Weston Oil Co., was organized for the purpose of sinking a well at Weston, believing that that locality contained coal oil. The directors of the Company were F. F. Lyon, W. H. Dodge, Treas. And Sec’y, W. H. Miner, T. W. McKee, Wm. Synder. The capitol stock of the company was divided in 60 whole shares, and operations begun on the place of Nathan Northrup, Jr., June 2, 1884. The well was put down to the depth of 1805 feet, and oil discovered in Feb. 1885, was not in sufficient quantities to develop the enterprise. Accordingly the "hole" was plugged and the well abandoned April 1, 1885.
Many years ago, when R. G. Mason, a lad of fifteen years, was hunting where the bark fields of J. S. Blackman now are, in stepping over a log he placed his foot upon a panther, which was quite as much surprised as he. Springing to his feet,
upsetting the young hunter, the animal gave one of his shrill screams, then bounded off in the wilds, not again to be seen. The animal was tracked, but not overtaken. This self-same young Nimrod once counted 17 deer in a single drove.
The grist mill at Masontown was begun in 1827, and finished in the fall of 1828. It was a co-partnership arrangement, the members of the firm being Russell and Austin Fowler and Eliphalet Mason.
The grist mill at Monroeton was erected by Parks & Hinman in 1859-60.
The Irvines----John Irvine was of Scotch parentage, but was born in Ireland, whence he migrated to America. His wife, and not he died in "Cumberland Co." He died upon the homestead in Northumberland Co.
George Irvine Family----After "James Reed" was born----
Mary, Aug. 22, 1807, who first married Peter Arnout, (deceased) and subsequently Robert Bull, of Asylum, whose companionship she yet enjoys. Mrs. Bull is a most estimable lady, and is greatly beloved by old and young alike. Though nearly eighty years of age, she enjoys good health, and is blessed with an excellent memory. Many of the interesting and spicy things found in this volume are her pleasant recollections.
Samuel, January 18, 1810; married Margaret Irvine of Warren Co., Pa., where he settled and still resides.
William W., April 5, 1812; married Eliza Holden; occupies a part of the homestead and is a hale old gentleman, greatly esteemed by his neighbors.
Anna, Feb. 23, 1814; married Jos. Bull and lived at Liberty Corners; died April 9, 1881.
George, Nov. 11, 1816; married first Jane Sweet, subsequently Eunice Heverly and occupies a part of the homestead.
Rebecca J., June 28, 1819; never married, resides at Liberty Corners.
Back to First Page