WPA Architectural Models : Recreations of Historical and Significant Places
Object ID:
Object Name:
Model, Instructional
Georgian Townhouse
Georgian Townhouse 1787 Reynolds-Morris Philadelphia
Title located on the top of the base.

The Reynolds-Morris House is a Georgian Townhouse that was built in 1787 on South 8th Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The house was built by John Reynolds and his brother who were both brick makers. After losing the house in a Sheriff's sale, the house had several owners until the Morris family bought it. The house stayed in the Morris family for seven generations. Today, the house has become the Reynolds-Morris Hotel with all the original colonial style feel within it. There is also a restaurant called the M Restaurant within the hotel and garden area. The building has been preserved as colonial style home with little renovations, and was designated a National Historic Landmark and placed on the National Register of Historical Places in 1967.
[Jackie Miller, MU]
Year Range from:
Year Range to:
Plaster, Metal
H-6.875 W-10.375 L-8 inches
By WPA PA probably in 1930s. Set was in the education museum of M.S.T.C., probably on the Campus Elementary School which is now called the Retan Center, until transferred to Warren L. MIller Elementary School after it was built in 1972. Most recent location was in WLM school library.
Warren L. Miller Elementary School
Catalog Date:
Click to Enlarge
Georgian TownhouseGeorgian Townhouse
Georgian TownhouseGeorgian Townhouse
Georgian TownhouseGeorgian Townhouse