- Thank you Mr. Bates for showing us our town.: Thirty years of Mansfield preserved in photos.January 6th, his birthdate, is Bert Bates Day in Mansfield.
- Photographer, W. A. Bates, "Bert,"recorded over thirty years of our town's events and history from ca 1905 until 1938. If anything was happening, he was there and took a picture. He had both studio portraits and many hundreds of postcards showing his... View Exhibit Page
- Sense and Nonsense
Autograph Books in the History Center collection: Remembering friends and family
- This is a display of the autograph books in our collection with examples of verse from each. From the serious to the absurd, it was all intended as good advice.... View Exhibit Page
- Mansfield, Pennsylvania Has a Lot To Celebrate in 2016: Celebrations, Anniversaries and Commemorations
- 2016 has been and continues to be a year of noteworthy anniversaries in and near Mansfield PA. From the five year anniversary of the founding of The History Center on Main Street to the 200th anniversary of the founding of Sullivan Township, this exh... View Exhibit Page
- Mansfield Sister Cities: We're Not The Only One
- Starting in the Eisenhower administration, organizations of same-name places were established to exchange information and learn about each other. Many have fallen by the wayside, but the Mansfield Sister Cities group has continued to the present led... View Exhibit Page
- The Campus Junior High School 1920 to 1959 ; History Center Album 1212.002: Mansfield's laboratory school on the campus of Mansfield State Teacher's College
- August 2010
What goes up must come down. The forces of time and gravity will have their way in spite of us. So it is that on the Mansfield University campus another old landmark has reached the end of its days.
Back in 1920, the idea of a jun... View Exhibit Page
- Mansfield Advertiser Print Jobs: Mementos from Local Businesses in the 1880s
- For the last several years of his very long life our beloved local historian, Chester P. Bailey (1912-2015), donated his life's collection of photos and historical items to The History Center. As he sorted through his accumulation of file drawers and... View Exhibit Page