||Tioga County Bible
Samuel Borden had married and had seven children:
1. Selden A Revolutionary Soldier; died in Charleston, Pa.
Married and had six children
Another Record says more.
2. John married Anna Butler, daughter of Daniel Butler, taxed in Surry in 1789
3. Samuel Jr. A Revolutionary Soldier; died of starvation while in the service.
4. Polly Born November 21, 1761; married Joshua Farnum.
5. Susanna married Allen Butler of Surry, New Hampshire, and Delmar, Tioga County, Pa.
6. Hannah born 1768; married David Bliss of Gilsum.
7. Sally married first August 17th 1793 David Dolph (Dwoolf)
For further research and documented records see History of Gilsum, New Hampshire by Frank Kingsbury also Vital Records of Palmer, Massachusetts.
Needed is burial place of Samuel Borden; his wife’s name; and the parents of Samuel Borden who had many descendants living in Tioga County, Pennsylvania.
Records of Revolutionary men are still being sought by The Wellsboro Chapter, Daughters of The American Revolution, as they continue their search for Revolutionary Soldiers buried in Tioga County, Pennsylvania. The following record of Seldon Borden, son of Samuel Borden, has been compiled from his pension record Number #S 45603 and the family record contained on page 268 Volume 1, The Genealogy of The Cleveland Families by Edmund Cleveland.
Selden Borden enlisted in the Continental Service in February 1781 in the town of Granvil in Capt. Haskill’s Company; Col.Shepherd’s Regiment, and General Patterson’s Brigade in The Massachusetts Line for the term of three years and received his discharge at the expiration of said three years and a copy of his discharge is now in the office of the Secretary of War. A certificate of Pension was issued 12th November 1818 and sent to Elisha Huntley, Esq. , of Alstead, New Hampshire . Addresses given in his pension record are Keene, New Hampshire from November 12th 1818 to 31st July 1822 and in Gilsum, Cheshire Co., N. H.
He bought a 200 acre farm.
The History of Surry, Cheshire County, New Hampshire lists six chi: Rachel; Betsey; Roswell; Selden; Amanda; and Ansil. His wife was Hannah Cleveland. The Genealogy of the Cleveland Family gives us the following record:
Seldon Borden dies September 1858 in Tioga County, Pennsylvania. He married 8th September 1785 to Hannah Cleveland, daughter of Hopestill Cleveland (also reference Vital records of Palmer, Massachusetts )
and had the following children
1. Clarissa born 25 June 1787 m. Stephen Cross Jr.
2. Rachel born 25 Dec 1789 m. Stephen Cross Jr.
3. Betsey born 23 Apr 1792 m. James Mason Adams
4. Roswell born 3 Aug 1794 m. Sukey Farnsworth
5. Selden born 18 Feb 1797 m. Sabra Adams
6. Hopestill born 21 Aug 1799 m.
7. Arminda born 31 Jan 1802 m. Alvin Alden
8.Ansil born 26 Apr 1804 m. Ann B. Hardy
1. Submit married Anson Russell
2. Sally born 9th Sep 1791 Gilsum, N.H. m. 28th Mar 1811 at Brookfield, Ma.
To Levi Hardy
3. Lucy born 29 Mar 1793
4. Benjamin Butler born 20 Aug 1796 m. Hannah Parrish
5. Samuel born 20 May 1790 Enlisted in War of 1812; started for Sackett’s Harbor
and died at French’s Mill, New York.
6. Anna born 29 Aug 1800
7. John born 29 Aug 1800
8. Bradford resided in Addison, Steuben County, New York
John Borden lived in Gilsum, New Hampshire in 1794.
John Borden lived in Monson, Massachusetts in 1812.
John Borden lived in Lebanon, New York in 1814.
John Borden lived in Delmar Twp., Tioga county, Pennsylvania in 1818.
Further records are being compiled of these families.
1. Betsey born 24 Dec 1820 at Stony Fork, Pa….. m. Simon Wilcox
2. Mary born 31 Oct 1822 at Stony Fork, Pa….. m. Henry Simmons
3. Samuel born 30 Aug 1824 at Stony Fork, Pa…. m. Lucretia Simmons
4. Bela born 26 Mar 1826 at Stony Fork, Pa.. m. Sabrina Warriner
5. Cynthia born 10 Apr 1828 at Stony Fork, Pa…. m. Job Symonds
6. Orsamus born 30 Nov 1829 at Pultney, N.Y. m. Sarah Impson & Josephine Butler
7.Lucy Ann born 13 Oct 1831 at Pultney, N.Y… m. Elijah Dimick
8. Jesse W. born 24 Nov 1833 at Stony Fork, Pa.
died 21 Aug 1864, in Civil War Army Hospital, Davids Island New York
9. Achsah born 30 July 1835 at Stony Fork, Pa.. m. Selden Dimmick
10.Alonzo born 13 Oct 1837 at Stony Fork, Pa. m. Lydia Ann Eliett
died 24 May 1864 at Fredericksburg, Virginia
11. Milissa born 31 May 1840 at Stony Fork Pa… m. Austin A. Lawton
12. Hannah Maria born 2 Feb 1842 at Stony Fork Pa…. m. William V. Borden
died 13 Jan 1868
Benjamin Butler Borden, son of John, writes," I cut a little hole in the woods, built a log house, and moved into it 23rd Mar 1820 many big hemlocks did I cut by moonlight, the wolves howling all around, it is said that poverty is the mother of invention, and as we began poor, we were compelled to do all we could ourselves. My wife having children to care for, spinning a churn, and rocking the cradle at the same time."
||Tioga County Bible
Reese - Richardson - Impson Family Bible
|Josiah C. Reese & Amanda E. Richardson||Oct. 10, 1864|
|Josiah C. Reese & Amanda D. Impson||Nov. 10, 1872|
|Edie Jane Reese & James McFall||Mar. 22, 1896|
|Ethie May Reese & Oren Stocum||June 4, 1897|
|Robert W. Reese & Clarsie Welch||Jan. 16, 1901|
|Elise Lovinnie Reese & Harry Burgett||1901|
|Jessie C. Reese & Susie Welch||Apr. 4, 1901|
|Anna Bell Reese & Bert Allen||May 18, 1907|
|Martha G. Reese & Forest Haynes||Mar. 1911|
|Lovinnie Reese & Frank Russell||July 21, 1913|
|Edie Jane Reese & Ira Philips||1911|
|Josiah C. Reese||30 Sep 1839|
|Amanda D. Impson||6 Aug 1851|
|Bern--zell Reese||5 Sep 1867|
|Charley M. Reese||13 Sep 1873|
|Edward Reese||18 Apr 1875|
|Robert W. Reese||20 Nov 1876|
|Infant||15 Oct 1878|
|Edie Jane Reese||23 Dec 1879|
|Ethie May Reese||3 Nov. 1881|
|Edrie C. Reese||1 Sep 1883|
|Elrie J. Reese||8 June 1885|
|Elie A. Reese||25 Sep 1886|
|Jessie Curie Reese||16 May 1888|
|Elsie Lavinia Reese||18 Feb? 1890|
|Anna Bell Reese||Dec. 1891|
|Martha Grace Reese||17 June 1894|
|James H. Reese||11 June 1896|
|Children of Edie Reese & James McFall|
|Henry H. McFall||20 June 1897|
|Robert McFall||3 Aug 1899|
|Cecil McFall||23 Feb 1902|
|Children of Ethie Reese & Orin Stocum|
|Amanda M. Stocum||26 June 1898|
|Gertie B. Stocum||26 June 1900|
|Rena Eva Stocum||13 June 1902|
|Maggie G. Stocum||8 July 1905|
|Children of Anna Bell Reese & Bert Allen|
|Madeline Allen||28 Mar 1908|
|Charles C. Allen||12 Apr 1911|
|Charley M. Reese||19 Dec 1876|
|Infant||15 Oct 1878|
|Eddie N. Reese||30 May 1892|
|J(ames) H. Reese||17 Jan 1898|
|Josiah c. Reese||4 Apr 1904|
|Gertie B. Stocum||17 Sep 1901|
|Kenneth L. Russell||4 May 1900|
|Infant||28 May 1912|
|Edie Jane (Reese) Philips||21 Jan 1913|
|Edrie C. Reese||26 Sep 1920|
|Martha (Reese) Bently||22 Dec 1929|
|Amanda D. (Impson) Reese||29 Dec 1932|
|Alice Mae Russell||5 May 1932|
|Elie A. Reese||15 May 1938|
|Ethie May (Reese) Stocum||1 Jan 1943|
|Bert Allen||13 Apr 1950|
|Henry J. McFall||10 Mar 1955|