|Louisa A. Shattuck||Francis H. Burritt|
|Photos sent in by Don Stanton. Yes, Louisa does have her
spectacles pinned to the front of her dress. The photos are unusual in
that it was traditonal to have the man in the right facing position and
the woman in the left facing position so that they could be displayed facing
each other with him first and her second, reflecting their relative rank
in the social order of their time. This is not the only example I have
seen of this, but it is very uncommon. As late as the 1950s or 60s I saw
a newspaper anniversary piece where the editor had taken a photo of the
couple together with her on the left side of the photo, and cut it in half,
reversing the order, so the label could have his name first.
See More Photos
Francis H. Burritt was married to Louisa A. Shattuck Oct. 30th 1860 at Troy, PA by J. Jordon Carnashan (Note from Joyce:probably Warner Hayden Carnochan)
Florence Louise Burritt married to James R. Card April 7, 1898 at Sylvania, PA by Rev. A. G. Cameron
Mary Esther Burritt married to Maynard H. Taylor Dec. 29, 1898 at Sylvania, PA by Rev. A. G. Cameron
Frank E. Burritt to Georgia P. Giddes July 9th 1902 by Rev. Herbert Knox, St. Paul, Minn.
Marie Stanton married to James Thornton Card Aug. 19, 1927 at Scranton, PA
Francis H. Burritt, eldest son of Ely and Esther Burritt was born in Columbia Bradford Co., PA June 24th 1832
Louisa A. Shattuck only daughter of Merrick and Mary Shattuck was born May 2nd 1838 in Columbia Bradford Co., Penna.
Frank Elihu Burritt eldest son of Francis H. and Louisa A. Burritt was born in Sylvania Bradford Co., PA September 12th 1863
Ely M. Burritt second son fo Francis H. and Louisa A. Burritt was born in Sylvania PA June 3rd 1868.
Florence Louisa Burritt daughter of Francis H. and Louisa A. Burritt was born in Sylvania Bradford Co., PA April 25th 1872
Mary Esther Burritt 2nd daughter of Francis H. and Louisa A. Burritt was born in Sylvania PA November 2nd 1875
Geo. Burritt Taylor son of Maynard F. and M. Esther Taylor at Sylvania, PA Oct. 9, 1899
Kenneth Maynard Taylor son of Maynard F. and M. Esther Taylor at Sylvania, PA May 8, 1902
James Thornton Card son of James R. and Florence B. Card at Sylvania, June 13, 1906
Francis Howard Taylor at Sylvania May 20, 1911
Esther Jeannine Taylor at Sylvania, April 27, 1908
Robert Shattuck Taylor Dec. 22, 1914
William Kenneth Card born Mar. 8, 1930 to J. Thornton & Marie S. Card
Ely M. son of Francis H. and Louisa Burritt died at Sylvania PA Oct. 4th 1870 aged 2 years, 4 months and 1 day.
Merrick Shattuck Sept. 12, 1867 at Sylvania, PA
Mary Ruggles, wife of Merrick Shattuck Dec. 7, 1895 at Sylvania
James Ruben Card Sept. 20, 1907
Francis Heman Burritt June 4, 1917 Sylvania, PA
Louisa Augusta Burritt wife of Francis Heman Burritt March 30, 1918 Sylvania, PA
Frank Elihu Burritt Jan. 21, 1926 St. Paul, Minn.
James Thornton B. Card. Jan. 15, 1933 Paterson, NJ
(Author not identified)
|Wm Shattuck*||1622||1672||50 yrs||10||William – 6th|
|Wm Shattuck||1653||1732||79||11||Rev. Benj. – 5th|
|Rev. Benj.||1687||1763||76||11||Dr. Benj. – 3rd|
|Dr. Benj.||1713||1790||77||5||Edmund – 2nd|
|Edmund||1744||1816||72||10||Dr. Benj. – 3rd|
* Born in England, Died in Watertown, Mass.
Average Age – 74 2/3 years
Average Family – 9 ½ children
Our Aunts and Uncles – child. Of Dr. Benj. Shattuck
1) Uncle Merrick Shattuck – Born 1803, Died 1867, Lived 64 years
- 2 children, Lucius and Louise Burritt (3C)
Louise – Florence (1C); Esther (5C); Frank; Ely
2) Aunt Mary Ruggles – 2 child – 1 died young, Henry Ruggles (2C)
Henry – Fred;
3) Uncle Benj. – Born 1807, Died 1874, Lived 67 years
- 7 child – Marietta Dunham; Samantha Mitchell; Laura; Emma
4) Uncle George – Born 1809, Died 1872; Lived 63 years
- 6 child – Shebuel; Mary; John; Laura Darrow; George Otto, died young; Ben Frank (2C) – Charles, died unmarried; George – 1 son
5) Aunt Lydia Ruggles – Born 1811, Died ? – 9 child – John D.; Harriet Greeno?
6) Uncle John – Born 1813, Died 1840, Lived 27 yrs. – 2 child – Abraham; Ellen
7) Aunt Harriet R. Kendall – 3 child – Alba (2C); George; Ada Brouwere (6C)
8) Aunt Abigail Vaugn – Born 1817, Died 1858, Lived 41 yrs. – no children
9) Aunt Ruth Austin – Born 1820, Died 1895, Lived 75 yrs. – 2 child – Wesley; Edmund (2C)
10) Father (Cyrus) – Born 1822, Died 1869, Lived 47 yrs. – 4 child – Abjada Kendall (1C), died early; George (2C); Wendell (1C); Henry (1C); Ida, died unmarried.
George (2C) – Sidney; Wendell (1C) – Barbara (1C) - Annette
Henry (1C) – Mabelle Beers, no children
|Louisa & Heman and cat at home|